SSCHS is always seeking to recruit a number of volunteers for the following programs: Friendly Visiting, Congregate Dining, Activation Department at Bignucolo Residence.
A Police reference check, an Occupational Health screening, a Confidentiality Agreement, and a Volunteer Code of Ethics Agreement are mandatory for all SSCHS volunteers.
Volunteer Drivers Needed
Services de santé de Chapleau Health Services Seniors Transportation program is recruiting now for volunteer drivers.
The purpose of the program is to provide seniors in the community of Chapleau with transportation to out of town medical appointments in a program owned vehicle.
Volunteer drivers will initially be required to take a one day mandatory training program on policy, procedures and transportation legislation. Ongoing training may be required periodically.
Qualifications needed for these positions are;
- Must hold valid Class G Ontario Driver's License with a minimum of 3 years driving experience
- Must have an excellent driving record with less than 4 demerit points
- Must be available to drive during the daytime and some evenings
- Training in Emergency First Aid, or be willing to acquire it
- Must be able to clear a criminal reference check
- Provide proof of up to date immunization and Occupational Health clearance
- Maintain client confidentiality
The time commitment would be on an "as needed basis" and cover travel out of town for the duration of an appointment.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please call the number below:
Phone: (705) 864-3061